Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Navy Too Politically Correct For Old Salts"

Article from Washington Times here

Summary: Women, latinos, and gays! Oh my.

You’ve seen the new Navy recruiting ads, right? “A global force for good”. Right up there with Superman renouncing his citizenship and GI Joe becoming a UN fighting force.

*

My dad was a 30 year Naval veteran, and I served four years myself. I know for a fact he would vigorously disagree with much in this Navy, and I sure as hell do.

I am actually ashamed of my branch for “leading the way”, and I am very angry at this so-called Secretary of the Navy. What a joke.

*

Sadly, I believe this same thing is coming to all the branches unless we can get a conservative CINC that will turn this trend around, it’s already started.

*

"putting women in the decidedly all-male and physically challenging world of Navy SEALs"

That will be the end of the SEALs as we know it. No woman could endure BUD/s and the other training they have to do, let alone the missions. As a result, I'd expect them to 'nerf'/dumb down the training and requirements to accommodate membership for women, which will destroy the teams.

I know it's taboo to say so in our day and age of enlightenment, but there ARE differences between men and women. Being a SEAL is something that is, or should be unique to a MAN. I don't mean to sound sexist, but that's just how it is.....

*

I’m still pissed that they named a ship after Samuel Gompers back in 1967.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like somebody's got "G.I. Jane" on their Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete